Pages

Thursday 21 July 2016

Who to choose

At the first ever Paralympic Games in Rome, the athletes competed in eight sports. Cycling was one of them. For the cycling event, two people compete together as a team – one of the people has a disability and the other does not. Here is a picture of a para-cycling team from New Zealand:

At the moment the most famous para-cycling team in New Zealand is comprised of two female athletes – Emma Foy and Laura Thompson. Emma is blind but Laura is not. Together they work as an amazing team. Imagine that you were asked to compete in a tandem cycling event and you had to choose one person to compete with. Who would it be?
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Paraclycing team (NZ).jpg

My partner for the Tandem cycling is my uncle Tino. Because he always run with his children and also me. He has a strength and he is not really that good at riding a bike. I choose for fun and also he is my uncle and I would just like to choose him.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Danny,

    I hope that you and your uncle, Tino, would have a great time competing in the tandem cycling event. You might find it a little bit tricky given that Tino doesn't have a lot of experience riding a bike but I'm sure that you could work together to figure it out. I'm positive that you would have fun while you were learning and both develop some great new skills!

    Keep up the fabulous blogging. You are working so quickly that I am struggling to keep up with my commenting. (That's great!)

    Cheers, Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Rachel have a fantastic rest of your holiday

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.