Pages

Wednesday 13 July 2016

Things about weight lifting

About Weightlifting

Men and woman can lift up the weight lifting maybe 3 time more weight than their body. The first morden was held on 1896 with men and women join in it. In 2000 women’s from Sydney join weightlifting to show their strength and skill.

Aim towards (Weight lifting)

Most weight lifting is putting a lot of strength and who lift the heaviest weight lifting is crown the winner.

Rules about weight lifting

The Snatch is a single movement where the lifter holds the bar in a wide grip, lifts the weight off the ground overhead in one movement, then stands upright holding the bar overhead.

The Clean and Jerk is a two-part movement. First, the lifter holds the barbell in a shoulder width grip, then pulls the weight up to the shoulders and then stands up with the barbell balanced on the shoulders.
IMG_20160713_092104_1.jpg
Photo of me pretending to weight lift with my segway in my hand. I had no weight lift for my picture but here you go.

2 comments:

  1. What a great photo, Danny! I love your creative use of the segway as a 'weight.' It works really well for this activity. I also really enjoyed reading your detailed description of weight lifting. I had no idea that women first joined the sport at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney. That's quite cool!

    I hope that you have enjoyed learning a bit more about the sport and that you continue on with your blog posting. You are doing so well!

    Keep up the great effort:)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rachel have a good day

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.