Pages

Friday 27 May 2016

My Maori question

WALT: We are learning to relate Maori Tikanga to our own culture’s tikanga

Tikanga (Maori)
Practises/Protocols (English)
Faiga (Samoan)
              (Tongan)
              (Niue)

  1. He aha nga Tikanga I roto I te Marae? (What are some of the protocols we use in the Marae?)
  2. No eating in the marae
  3. Take off you shoes
  4. No swearing in marae
  5. No shouting and screaming in the marae
  6. No stealing
  7. Be respectful in the marae
  8. Leave everything unbroken

    2. He aha nga tikanga I roto I te wharekai/ Kahini? (What are some of the protocols we       use in the kitchen?)

  1. Close your eyes when you pray
  2. Clean up after you eat
  3. Wash your hands when you finish eating and when you start eating
  4. The kitchen should be the way it was when you got in the kitchen
  5. No food fights in the kitchen
  6. Don’t eat like a pig
  7. Respect the people that make the food
  8. Hands and feet to yourself
  9. No sitting on the table
  10. No wearing hats when you eat
3. He aha nga Tikanga I roto I to ruma? (What are some of the protocols we use in our rooms?)

  1. No jumping on the bed
  2. No boys aloud in the girls room and no girls aloud in boys room
  3. No shoes on the bed
  4. Leave the room clean
  5. No messing up the room
  6. No fighting in the room

  
  4. He aha nga Tikanga I roto I te Tangi? (What are some protocols you use at your cultures funerals?)

  1. Pay respect to the person who died
  2. Be quiet
  3. Wear black
  4. Have it at somebody's house (Church)
  5. Never leave the dead body alone
MARAE
MEETING HOUSE
RUMA
ROOM
TANGI
FUNERAL
KIHINI
KITCHEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.