Pages

Friday 14 July 2017

WLJ- Day 7 (Final): Keep NZ Beautiful

  1. #Keep New Zealand Beautiful
Dawn breaks on Day #7 – the final day of your Great Kiwi Road Trip. You wake up early, ready to make the long trek back to Auckland. Along the way, Curious Kiwi stops at two beautiful places, Taupo and Rotorua, for you to get out and walk around.
Activity 1: While in Taupo, you go for a walk around the lake and you notice pieces of rubbish floating in the water. You also notice that there is rubbish on the footpath. As you know, it is really important to put rubbish in the bin and keep New Zealand clean and beautiful for generations to come. C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\NZ Map - Schematic.png




http://www.kiwidaydreaming.com/p/new-zealand-maps.html
With that in mind, it is time think about what you can do to keep New Zealand beautiful. Use your imagination and come up with three things that you could do to make your neighbourhood more beautiful. Post your list on your blog ☺
  • If you put your rubbish in your pocket and when you run it drops out of your pocket, if you know your rubbish drop just pick it up because it’s not your property and your reliability to drop your own rubbish on the ground.
  • If you know that someone drop their rubbish just asked them politely to pick up their rubbish and they will pick it up straight away.
  • Last of all, if you see rubbish on the ground just pick it up even though if it not yours, still pick it up because you want your community to be clean.
Activity 2: After you have finished up in Taupo, it is time to hop back in the car and head for Rotorua – a town where will have the chance for some much needed rest and relaxation. In fact, you will visit the Tarawera Bush Pool – a geothermal hot pool that is located in the middle of a forest. The warm water in the pool comes from underneath the ground. After a few hours in the pool you feel really relaxed.
On your blog, post a picture of yourself doing something relaxing. I find reading really relaxing. Here is a picture of me reading one of my favourite books!
H:\Blogging Study\WLJ 2017\Rach - Selfie (reading).jpg
After a long soak in the natural hot pools, it is time to get back home. Your family and friends can’t wait to see you and they can’t wait to hear all about your adventures. Take a moment to think about what you have seen and done over the past week.
webcam-toy-photo21.jpg
As you can see I’m just playing the PS4 because I haven’t been on the Play Station for months so I think I should just go on the Playstation and just enjoy my day. I like playing around on the Playstation but because it’s just sitting in my room and I wanted to play on it.
😂😂😂😂😂😂
Bonus Activity: On your blog, post a video or write a description about your week. What have you learned? What did you like about the trip? What didn’t you like? Was there anything that surprised you?
I learned a lot on my trip, travelling around New Zealand and just visiting other areas which I haven’t heard about in a while. As I was travelling around New Zealand I like heaps of things over there, but here is my 3 best things in New Zealand.
  1. KareKare waterfall, Karekare Waterfall is one of my bestest choice but it just nice and beautiful because you can just relax in the water and just listen to the birds.
  2. Rangitoto, Rangitoto is a wonderful mountain, you can walk up to the top and just see the view that looks amazing. I think as I was experiencing more about Rangitoto, I just felt like going up onto Rangitoto
  3. Tane Mahuta, known as a big Kauri tree I love it so much because it was just so massive it felt like I wanted to visit it.
I learned heaps about the Great Spotted Kiwi, I just like how we travelled around the world and just visit some places where I learn some new things about New Zealand.
To earn full points for this activity, you must talk about what you learned, what you liked and what you about your great kiwi road trip.

Bonus Activity: 12 points

Well, New Zealand truly is a stunning country, isn’t it? I think that we are so lucky to call it home! Let’s make sure that we do everything we can to keep the country safe and clean for future generations…

#Keep New Zealand beautiful!

13 comments:

  1. Kia Orana Danny,

    Wow! It looks like you have learnt a lot during this amazing journey. I also think you have done so well and Yes you have finished or completed the WLJ. Keep up the great work!

    Regards,
    Telesia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Telesia for your kind lovely comment, I will make sure I will comment on your blog and see what you are up to on your blog!

    Danny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Danny,

    It is great to see that you learned about new places to visit here in New Zealand through participating in the Winter Learning Journey programme! I think that we are so fortunate to live in such a beautiful place and was excited to share many of the natural wonders with you through the WLJ.

    After reading this post I find myself wishing for the warm, summer weather to return so that I can go for walks out at Karekare and over on Rangitoto.

    I hope that we are both able to go exploring this year and discover even more amazing sights. I am thinking of taking Aronui camping at the end of the year and I'm hoping that we might even see a spotted kiwi or other native New Zealand bird. One of my favourite native birds from New Zealand is called a 'Tui.' Have you ever heard of it?

    It is primarily brown and white in colour and has this really unusual looking white tuft on its neck. In certain lights, it can almost look blue in colour...

    If you're interested in seeing a picture of a tui, please check out this site:http://www.nzbirdsonline.org.nz/species/tui

    I really hope that you have enjoyed the Winter Learning Journey programme, Danny. You have been such a fabulous participant each and every holiday! Our team really enjoys blogging with you and can't wait for next summer.

    See you at Glenbrae early in Term 3!

    Warmest regards,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel for lovely comment, I have learnt a lot from the Winter Learning Journey and thank you and your team for checking my blog and just being here for me it's really mean a lot.

      Regards
      Danny <3

      Delete
    2. Hi Danny,

      The pleasure is all ours. You have done an exemplary (great) job and you should be really proud of yourself.

      Awesome work, Danny.

      ~Rachel

      Delete
  4. Wow Danny congratulations on a holiday of learning and growing. The journey has taken you to many places and you can now offer a lot of tips to tourists if they ask you for information about New Zealand.

    I too agree that we should keep New Zealand nice and tidy. Just as we do at our school. Respecting the environment is so important so we can keep attracting tourists to beautiful Aotearoa.

    Well done again Danny

    Mrs Tofa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Mrs Tofa for commenting on my Winter Learning Journey.

      :)
      Danny

      Delete
  5. Kia Ora Danny,

    Nice work on finishing the Winter Learning Journey. Hopefully you've had fun so now you can rest. I wish you luck on winning.

    Nice Job
    - Davarni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola Danny!,

    Congratulations!, you've reached the 7th day of the Winter Learning Journey!. Excellent work!. Great work, your "save the community" ideas are wonderfull. I too love gaming!. Great work!.

    Kind regards,
    Luisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola Danny,

    I can see that you had finished Blogging and its terrific!. Keep up the hard work your doing!

    Best Wishes xxx
    Good Luck on the WLJ when Term 3 starts! :))

    Have a Good day Danny!

    Regards,
    Anastacia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Danny,
    Its nice seeing you blog,I got to say you've been working very hard werent you? because you finally finished your Winter Learning Journey!! I hope you had fun through all the way of the holidays.Its impressive that you were busy in the holidays but still maintained to blog!,Wow! I really like how you relax by Gaming! I also like to relax while gaming! Great Work!

    -Nitaa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Danny
    Wo wo yea you have done such a great job, I can't believe you have done so much work
    Nice Job
    Cherise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Danny,
    My name is Lusia and I'm a year 8 student from St Pius X Catholic School! I love the way you took a picture of yourself doing something that you find relaxing! Really interesting actually, My little nephew finds it relaxing by playing on the PS4 too! Anyways hope that your holiday is great! Keep it up!

    Regards,
    Lusia K. XD

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.