Pages

Monday 19 December 2016

SML-Day 2 week 1

Day 2- Learning the Basics

Now that you have chosen your country, it is time to decide where, within your country, you would like to visit. Many tourists will choose to visit the capital city of a country. It is often quite large and full of interesting things to see and do.

Activity 1
Before you go overseas it will be important that you learn a bit about the capital city of your country. Hop online and find out about the capital city of your country. Use this information to complete the five sentences below:
Capital of city- Tokyo
The populations of city- 13.15 million
In January, the weather in the capital city is usually- The weather on January in Tokyo is Cold and the temperature is 5 celsius
The capital city is located in the (northern, southern, middle) part of the country- Tokyo is located in the Southeastern
The languages most commonly spoken in the capital city are- Korean and Japanese

Activity 2
One of the most popular activities in Madrid, the capital city of Spain, is called ‘Bullfighting.’ It has been a part of Spanish culture for centuries. In bullfighting people called ‘toreros and ‘matadors’ fight with a live bull. The toreros do most of the fighting and, ultimately, capture the bull and tie it up. Once it has been caught, the matador joins the fight and kills the bull. Although most toreros and matadors are men, there are some women who also compete in the sport.
Not everyone supports bullfighting in Spain. In fact, about 30% of the population want it to be banned (stopped) completely. What do you think? On your blog tell us whether or not you think that bullfighting should be banned in Spain. Please provide, at least, two reasons to support your decision.
My opinions about bullfighting it need to stop because it causes too much injuries to the people that is in the arena making eye to eye to the bull. My other reason is bulls are too rough, their horns can stab people right to their death. It really cool seeing people on tv getting bullied by bulls. But want this bullfight to stop.
Image result for bullfight cartoon
Bonus activity
Wellington is the capital city of New Zealand. Have you been to Wellington? If so, please tell us about two things that you did when you were in Wellington.
If you haven’t had the opportunity to go to Wellington, follow the link to learn more about this very cool city: Discover Wellington.
On your blog, tell us what two things you would like to do if you had the chance to visit Wellington. Would you go to the botanical gardens or visit the Beehive? Perhaps you would prefer to go shopping on Cuba Street or go out for dinner on Quay Street…
If I visit Wellington I would prefer 2 things one is going shopping on Cuba Street and going out for dinner with family and friends. And that is my decision when I go to Wellington

8 comments:

  1. Hi Danny
    Wow I like your choices
    for wellington
    Keep going Danny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danny,
    It is great to see that you are participating in the Summer learning Journey! I liked that you chose Japan as your country - it is such an interesting place with so much that you could learn about. I look forward to reading more of your posts this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Danny!

    Wow! What great answers to the fact finding and bull fighting activities.

    I wonder if you know what goes on in a bull fight. It is hard to explain because we would never have something like that here. In New Zealand, when we get meat, we put the animal down as quickly as possible so it feels as little fear or pain as possible. In bull fighting, the matador does dance with the bull, like we see in the cartoons, but once the bull is tired, he hurts it with swords until it passes away, which is something we don't see in the cartoons.

    Knowing that, does it add another reason to stop the bull fights? How do you think a bull feels, being in the ring like that? Is it a fair fight? Where do you think the bull would rather be?

    I'd be very interested to hear what you think.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Almost forgot!

    I used to live in Wellington. I really like your idea of what to do in Wellington. Did you know that along the waterfront there is a special spot for people to jump off the wharf in the summer?

    Also, check out the below link. Wellington has a really famous place for movies. Would you want to visit that too?

    http://wetaworkshop.com/visit-us/workshop-tours/

    Hope you're having a wonderful holiday,

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark and Danny,

      A visit to Weta Workshop sounds pretty amazing, doesn't it? I have never had the opportunity to tour the building but I would love to do that the next time I go down to Wellington!

      Thanks for the great suggestion, Mark, and for the awesome blog, Danny. Cuba Street is one of my favourite places to hang out in Wellington as well. I love the street markets and the food vendors who set up stalls right on the street. I also love the quirky cafes and the cool second hand book shops that line the street.

      Ah, blogging about Wellington is giving me the urge to go. I will have to save my pennies and take Aronui down for a little visit sometime soon.

      Cheers, guys!

      Wishing you both a great week-end,

      Rachel :)

      Delete
  5. Hello Danny!

    My name is Carolyn, and I am looking forward to reading your blog. It is great to see you've chosen Japan! I have been there once, and was in Tokyo for 3 days over the New Year's holiday time. It was indeed cold - we had quite a lot of snow overnight when I was there!

    I'd love to read about what you would like to see in Tokyo! Is there anything in particular you would do there? Looking forward to reading more about Japan on your blog!

    Cheers,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Danny!

    First off, great answers! I couldn't have thought of a better way to answer those questions!

    I've never seen proper bull fighting, but I do know that it's not entirely like the cartoons. But I do agree with your opinion on why bull fighting should stop. I have seen more than a few bulls escape and cause havoc in the streets.

    Keep it up! I'm enjoying the posts!
    Iisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Danny

    Brilliant answers man I especially like you bullfighting explanation it was very in depth and very intricate as well.

    Keep it up

    Harrison

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.