Pages

Saturday 17 December 2016

SML- Summer Learning Journey Day 1

Japan
Day 1- Choose a destination
The world is a very big and very cool place. There are currently 196 countries and approximately 7.1 billion people living on earth. For this project we are going to focus on just 10 countries across 6 continents – Canada (North America), Mexico (Central America), Chile (South America), England (Europe), Germany (Europe), South Africa (Africa), United Arab Emirates (Middle East), Japan (Asia), Malaysia (South-East Asia), and Australia (Australasia).
Please click on the World Map tab on the main menu. It will bring you to a big map. One by one click on the names of the countries and ready the ‘Quick Facts’ about each place.
Activity 1
After you have read the quick facts about each place you must choose ONE country that you would like to ‘visit.’ On your blog post the name of the country and tell us why you have chosen to visit it. Please give, at least, two reasons for choosing the country.
The Reason why I choose Japan because it has lots of hidden story behind Japan and that I why I prefer Japan. Also because I want to learn really hard and I want to see lots of information of Japan.
Activity 2
On Google, research the country that you have chosen to visit and write, in your own words, three interesting facts about that country. They must be facts that weren’t already provided on the World Map.
Japan facts
Location- Japan is a country in the pacific ocean made up of 6852 Islands. The four largest islands are called: Honshu, Hokkaido, Kyushu and Shikoku. Japan is located to the east of Russia, China and Korea.
Population size- 127.1 million People
Main Cities- Tokyo (Capital) Kyoto, Hiroshima, Sendai, Osaka
Climate- The Climate in Japan is mostly temperature however, it does vary from north to south with colder temperature (Including snow) found in the north.
Public holidays- There are 16 national holidays in Japan. The National Foundation (birthday) Day is celebrated on 11 February.
Languages- There is one official languages in Japan - Japanese
Ethnica mix-Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Filipino, Brazilian, Vietnamese, Other
Money (Currency)- Yen (JPY)
National sports- Sumo wrestling, baseball, football (soccer), judo, karate, kendo
National Icons- 1. The cherry blossom tree, 2. The koi fish, 3. The red-crowned crane (bird), 4. The lychee fruit
Bonus Activity
Write a letter to a friend or family member to tell them that you are going to visit your country of choice. In your letter, please tell them where you are going, why you have decided to go to the particular country and how long you will be away. Feel free to invite them to join you, if you’d like!
Mum and Grandma I would love to say I am going to Japan Because it is a very nice relaxing country, Japan have lots of people over there which I would love to visit and talk to them to experience more. I am going to Japan for 1 month and a half so I can be comfortable.
 

5 comments:

  1. Kon'nichiwa Danny

    Amazing blog post about Day 1 from your perspective. Your blogpost is really unique ( I have seen this structure in a blog before). Have fun with this Journey. Amazing Blog post!
    - Pote from PBS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job Danny. It is great that you are able to learn lots about a new country.
    Keep it up.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohio gozimus Danny!

    I'm Mark and I am a teacher working on the summer learning journey programme! I have been to Japan several times so I am really happy to read what you are learning about it! I even learned something myself while reading your blog! 6000+ islands?? Amazing! Did you know that over 430 of those islands are actually inhabited by people as well!?

    You are correct that these is a huge history in Japan. I remember touring Osaka castle and learning about the drama which happened during the edo period. The stones I walked over had real samurai battles fought on them! It was very special and maybe you could have a little read about it here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osaka_Castle

    You are also right in thinking it is a relaxing country to visit - especially when touring the coasts and temples (although I am sure my Japanese friends will tell you that it is very busy and stressful working in the big cities). I found the people very kind and helpful, even if they come across as a bit shy.

    I am so excited to read more of what you learn as we go!


    Mark



    PS. As a teacher I have to teach you one little thing about the word temperature. Temperature is the noun for how we measure hot or cold. I believe you meant to say Japan has a "temperate climate" which is a little different, and means that it has a normal cycle of four seasons and is never on the extreme end of hot or cold (even though it has snow in the winter and reaches the 30's in the summer).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys for the awesome comments and please stay tune for more of my blogging

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Danny. It is good to see that you have taken up this Summer Learning Journey as a challenge and have begun to learn about new countries that interests you.

    I will be looking forwards to reading your blogs and learn from you as well. Keep up with your blogging and enjoy your holidays as well.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.